“Stories come alive in the telling. Without a human voice to read them aloud, or a pair of wide eyes following them by flashlight beneath a blanket, they had no existence in our world. They were like seeds in the beak of a bird, waiting to fall to earth. Or the notes of a song laid out on a sheet, yearning for an instrument to bring their music into being. They lay dormant, hoping for the chance to emerge. Once someone started to read them, they could begin to change. They could take root in the imagination and transform the reader. Stories wanted to be read. They needed it. It was the reason they forced themselves from their world into ours. They wanted us to give them life.” —John Connolly, The Book of Lost Things (via bardlux)
sorry i’ve been trying to be the best but in a goddamn different country it just isnt so fucking easy.
ill just be another disappointment to add to your list.
Causes of World War I
- Austria: Oi Serbia one of your lot killed our heir to the throne, now we gonna declare war on yo ass.
- Serbia: Bitch please if you lay a finger on my my huge mate Russia will fuck you up.
- Russia: Austria, get the fuck off Serbia. Now.
- Germany: Who the fuck you think you are Russia, starting on Austria like that, huh?
- France: Ooh a fight! Germany, you motherless fuck, if you attack Russia we're going to have to fuck you up big time.
- Germany: Fuck you France, we're going to invade you but to get there we'll go through Belgium 'cos it's a neutral country and no-one will care, certainly not the British, lol
- Britain: Germany, you get the fuck outta Belgium. Right. Now!
- Germany: Make me bitches
- America: MOSH PIT!!!